Monday, March 29, 2010

First Reveal for the AWESOME April Kit!!

Hello everyone, Susan here. I am so excited to share my creations using the April kit featuring October Afternoon's Thrift Shop. This is one versatile kit. There are so many color combinations that can be achieved. I have had so much fun with it. I got my kit on Saturday and had 4 layouts completed by Sunday morning. I have more in the works (at least 3, maybe even more!) This kit just keeps on! Yeah, I did purchase ALL of the add-ons, but who could resist!!

It is great to scrap older photos because of the vintage vibe! For my first layout I went way back to when I was 4!!
"Fond Memories"

I chose this photo of my brother and I on the beach in Grand Isle, LA. I blew it up to an 8x10. I wanted it to have lots of impact. The color combo I used here is one of my favorites-yellow, bird's egg blue, and red. It is a combination that pops! I used strips of paper on both sides of the photo. I inked everything with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink. I also tucked a piece of the blue paper that I cut around the shapes to resemble scallops under the strips on the left side. I used the journal stickers off of the sticker add-on sheet down the bottom left side of the photo. For the cluster at the bottom right I layered a MME ticket, stickers from the OA sheet, a piece of the blue paper that I cut the entire floral piece from, a JB button threaded with the red twine and a butterfly punched from the red cardstock in the add-on. I added the title with the OA sticker letters at the top left along with another sticker and a butterfly.

For the second layout I have scrapped my sweet little girl when she was 3 at the beach in Gulf Shores, AL.
"You"

This one uses kraft cardstock as the base. I punched a few scalloped circles here and there and backed them with different OA papers. I created the scalloped edging with black cardstock and my apron lace punch. The cluster at the bottom left of the photo features one of the alphabet cards. To it I added a few stickers from the OA words sheet, red twine, some of the flowers, a JB button, and one of the K&Co frames that I cut apart and used around the edge of the alpha card. The title is from the flocked black add on sheet. I added a few stars from the sticker sheet just plopped down randomly. I drew lines and journaled directly on them. The blue cardstock that backs the photo helps it to pop off of the page.

Okay, for layout #3 I went back to my wedding day. This is me and my little cousin, Haley, before the start of the ceremony. "Little Haley" now has two children of her own, YIKES!
"Almost Time"

I used the OA pattern paper as a background here. Love this stuff!I layered three different papers in the center along with the photo. I also used the blue border sticker from the add-on sheet along with the floral one at the bottom. Cluster #1 at the bottom left of the photo used stickers form OA sheet, green twine, the GCD studios acetate lady, a ticket, decorative pins, a flower I made from the word paper, and a few initials. Cluster 2-The title with the black flocked letters, a round sticker from the add-on, a K&Co frame, and a piece of kraft left over from the "You" layout that I inked with faded denim distress ink. Cluster #3-top left-- a small piece of the blue border sticker, another piece of leftover kraft, and a word sticker.

Okay layout # 4 goes back to 1971. I love these photos with my two brothers.
"The Way We Were"

The background is green cardstock from the add-on. A wide strip of floral paper, a strip I used my large scallop punch on were placed slightly off-center. I matted the photos on black, added a pleated ribbon I used some of the blue stripe paper to make.Also contains some border stickers, a ticket.flowers, pins, and cut-outs from one of the papers. i used the small word stickers down the right side of the wide floral paper. My favorite element on this one is the kraft envelope. I attached it to the back with a glue runner and let the flap come over to the front. Inside is a journal card with all of my nostalgic memories about these pics! I used a JB button as the other side of the closure since the other is adhered to the back of the layout. I also inserted one of the shapes I cut from the paper. The title used ledger stickers and the multi-colored alphas that came in the kit.

See what I mean---VERSATILE! And wait until you see how completely different the other layouts I have in the works are! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this kit! I hope you were able to get yours because they are now sold out!!( Just heard, Heather ordered some more, so hurry and go get yours!!) I hope I inspired you and I will be back with more because I intend to use this kit until there is not one scrap left, LOL!! Have a great Monday, Susan

8 comments:

  1. FAbulous work Susan! Love every LO!!

    ANd I have reordered a few more kits so it is NO LONGER sold out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS Susan-so glad you are here to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just amazing Susan! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan----these are GORGEOUS!!!! LOOOOVE the first one! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, you totally rocked this kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I LOVE how you blew the photo up to an 8x10! I find it difficult to work with them...but you ROCKED it!!! Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. The way you put the maya road envelope at the edge of the page is too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being SIMPLY OBSESSED!