Guest Designer Ashley wrote this great article on simple Stamping
Steps to simple stamping with acrylic stamps.
I know that to some of you stamping is something you have wanted to try, but don’t know exactly how to start. Well we are going to start simple. A card is easiest way to start.
First you need to know some basics with acrylic stamps. There are some stamps that will stain no matter what type of ink you use. It won’t hurt the quality of the image but beware of that fact. For acrylic stamps you want to use a dye based ink. With that said, let’s begin.
1. Get an acrylic block to position the stamps on,
2. Position your stamps, ink up really well and stamp.
3. Trim the image as close to the edge as possible.
4. Adhere them to your card with foam tape or pop dots.
5. To add “sprinkles” use a paint brush and paint the tops of the cup cakes with Stickles.
6. Stamp your sentiment, trim and adhere to ribbon.
7. After the stickles have dried, adhere the ribbon to the card and add some bling!
And voila! You’re done. Super simple.