Friday, December 4, 2009

Anna's December Reveal

Okay, I'll admit it - I hardly ever bought anything from Collage Press before. I have no idea why. So when I got this kit in the mail it was love at first sight. True love. Like Collage Press is one of my faves now. I had so much fun playing with this kit. It's great for scrapping all those winter pics. And all the pink, aqua & creamy colors make it great for scrapping pics from the rest of the year too!

We took a family photo last December while visiting family in Illinois. I thought the paper went with my sweater perfectly, so I grabbed it & started layering. The chipboard behind the photo sparkles with Bed of Roses mist (that I picked up in the SO store) & then I layered some chipboard snowflakes (that are just too cute!) in the corner. I LOVE the paper with Pride & Prejudice lines on it. I actually caught myself reading it a few times instead of scrapping! I have a thing for Jane Austen books & movies. I randomly sewed some wavy lines on top of it. And when I finished, I discovered my last set of wavy lines didn't sew right (the thread came unthreaded without me noticing) so I just took out that line of thread, left the holes & actually love the way it turned out. Don't you just love mistakes that have a happy ending??

I couldn't wait to get my hands on this airplane paper. Our flight to Illinois was my daughter's first flight across the country. She loved every minute of it :) (Which is good because it's a 3 hour flight!). I drew the banner by hand, sponged some ink on the edges & then added some brown chalk on top of that in the corners. Then I attached some pink floss to a small twig (yes, it's real) and voila! A super cute banner! And I was sure to add some sparkle to the LO too by using up all the sparkle brads that came with the kit.

I hope you all have a super fun & fabulous holiday season this year! And don't forget to grab one of these cutie kits from the SO store!! Then post your work in the SO gallery for everyone to see :)

Merry Christmas,

--Anna

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the kit Anna! I'm just lovin' the pink for some reason! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being SIMPLY OBSESSED!