Friday, July 10, 2009

Sarah's July Reveal

Wow! There were so many goodies in the July kit! I created these three layouts and still have so many leftovers. I will definitely have some more projects soon.

I love the papers in the kit because they are so bright and fun and I love the embellishments because they are so sweet. So I chose to put the fun and the sweet together to create some layouts of my daughter Frances.

The first LO My Silly Girl is a layout of my daughter being silly. She laughs and giggles all the time. She really is the happiest baby. She likes to make funny faces and when we laugh at her she just makes more. These papers were the perfect for the colors in the photos and the fun tone of the LO. I used the fabric swatch and sassafras flowers to make the flower embellishment on the bottom right. I hand cut a flower out of the fabric and then layered it with the sassafras flower from the kit. To make the brads pop a bit, I cut the prongs off with a wire cutter and then adhered them with foam tape.


My second layout So Many Reasons has pictures of my DD when she first sat up. I turned my back for a second and when I turned around she was sitting up. So I grabbed my camera off the kitchen table and starting taking pictures before the moment was over. The pictures are not perfect. They are a little blurry and there is a bunch of stuff in the background, but when I look at them I don't notice a bit I just remember the moment. It got me thinking how the little things like this make me happier than anything else. I added a chipboard heart, brackets and little accents from the addons to give the journaling and title more interest.


My third layout We Love You started off different, but this is how it ended up! I initially cut up the spinner, but then decided I wanted it whole again so put it back together. The spinner still moves too so if I get tired of "sweet" I can always change it to something else. Too bad cranky isn't on there!


This kit was so fun to work with. I will definitely have some more projects finished from it!

4 comments:

  1. Love your LOs Sarah! Left you some love in the gallery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, your projects are Gorgeous!! Such a sweet baby girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah! WOW! You really ROCKED this! Frances is tooooooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being SIMPLY OBSESSED!