Monday, August 3, 2009

August Guest Designer Elizabeth (elizbailey)

Congrats to Elizabeth for being our guest designer for August! I can't wait to see what you do!! Here is some fun information about Elizabeth!

I live in Madison, AL with my husband of 7 years and three year old daughter, Savannah and 5 month old, Sarah Beth. I am an elementary teacher turned stay at home mother, and love the time I get to spend with my girls. I have been scrapbooking for about 5 years, and really got into it after my daughter was born. My girls tend to be the focus of most of my scrapbooking. I love having a creative outlet to showcase all the many pictures I take of our family. Through scrapbooking, I have taught myself about photography and have been operating my own photography business for a year now.

1. How long have you been scrapping?About 5 years. I started with an album from a friend's wedding. I didn't get serious with it until after my daughter was born 3 years ago.

2. Who are your three favorite manufacturers?October Afternoon, Basic Grey, Pink Paislee

3. What three items do you tend to use the most on your pages?flowers, buttons, stitching

4. Who are your main scrapping subjects?My 2 daughters

5. Where do you draw most of your inspiration from?Photos that speak to me. I like to pull patterns and color designs from my girl's clothes. Of course I love to browse online galleries, especially Simply Obsessed to get ideas.

6. If only allowed to scrap with 4 items (ie pp, chipboard, etc) for the rest of your life, what would they be??Thickers, bright feminine patterned paper, Cutterbee scissors, flowers

7. What's your favorite food to snack on while scrapping?I typically do not eat while scrapping.

8. DO you have background noise going on while you scrap? If so, what?Occasionally I will play some music on my computer, but usually just tune everything else out.

9. What's your favorite thread on SO?I keep up with "The Obsession" and the "Scuttlebutt" the most often.

10. What's your favorite part about SO??I love how friendly everyone is, the awesome crops, and the never ending source of inspiration in the gallery.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Liz-wow didnt know we were so close to each other-I am in Fayetteville

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you be a part of SO, Elizabeth!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being SIMPLY OBSESSED!