Thursday, April 1, 2010

Misty's April Reveal

Good Morning Everyone! Misty here, and I just wanted to tell you...it is a BEAUTIFUL April Fool's Day here in Texas...No Foooling!!

I am going to share my creations with you using the April Obsession... featuring the October Afternoon's Thrift Shop Collection. I was able to create 3 layouts and a card...and I still have plenty left to whip out another couple of cards or layouts!

First, I was inspired by the blue hues and wanted to do a "beachy" layout...so I did "REMEMBER". This is from our trip to the beach last spring. We had such a good time...and I want them to remember how great it was. Remember the old saying "Tie a string around your finger so you won't forget."...? Well, I did just that! I tied a length of that fabulous baker's twine around that hand with the finger pointing and pop dotted the hand up off of the page. I also used Diamond Glaze to create water droplets on the surface of the layout.




"Treasures of the Heart" was inspired by my daughter's daily gifts of tiny treasures to me. I am sure you all know exactly what I am talking about! The tiniest flowers that she can find, sometimes they are actually weeds...and every now and then, she will bring me a rock because it was "Beautiful". I love that she does this...and I wanted to remember it. The flowers stems are cut from my cricut and the flowers themselves are all hand created using various scraps from the papers in the kit. I created the ruffled lace using plain white cardstock and the MS apron punch. I pleated it and attached it all with dry adhesive, then hand stitched it to the page for security.



"ADORE" is a bit out of the norm for this kit I think. I wanted to do something that was a little different than the "vintagy" look. I used the clear butterfly overlay as my inspiration to create this layout. I used a quote that I love..."There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings". The butterflies and "ADORE" are cut with my cricut using paper from the kit.



And finally, I have a card. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the prints on the papers in this kit!!! I kept having fleeting images of my childhood favorite dresses, and of Shirley Temple!!! I could not resist the temptation to make this. The apron will lift up to reveal my inside message....which I have not created yet...because I have NO IDEA who will recieve this card! LOL.


Thank you all for taking time to check out my Reveal! I had SOOOOOO much fun creating with this kit! I know you will to....and I am pretty sure there are still a few left in the Simply Obsessed store if you want to hop on over and order yours now!

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Misty! They are all wonderful, lots of nice details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous Misty! Love all the designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur layouts and your card are amazing Misty! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being SIMPLY OBSESSED!