Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Misty's May Reveal

Good Morning all you Simply Obsessed ladies! I have to say, when I got my kit in the mail on Friday, my mouth dropped in AWE of all of the gorgeous elements!!! This kit is flippin' AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I did not get as much done as I had planned for my reveal today...but that's ok...I will!! I have three completed layouts to share with you today...the rest will wait for a bit longer. =) Oh...all alphas are from my own stash. There were some manufacturer delays so my kit didn't have the alphas...but YOURS will..I promise!!

Here is "Isn't she Lovely". This is my husband's Grandmother when she was graduating. I used the lacy ribbon from the add-ons to create the larger vintage lace flowers to match the smaller one that comes in the kit. I also did a bit of vintage corset style lacing for added dimension and to add to the vintag~y feel of this layout. The thickers did not come in the kit...they are from my own stash.



Here is "delight". I wanted to create a different look with the elements...something more playful and airy...which is not my norm at all...but I do like how it turned out. I used bubble wrap and turquoise paint to create the splashy look in the background and the water droplets. I also fussy cut the orange paper to create the look of swirling waves.


And here is "Precious" This is my friend when she was a baby...this is going to be a gift for her Mom for Mother's Day.This was inspired by Ronda's sketch. It is a bit different, but still maintains the basics. Thanks for the inspiration, Ronda! I did get all of the add-ons, which included all of the chipboard elements that you see here...and the thickers are from my own stash.


Thank you all for checking out my creations. This kit is AWESOME...and I know the rest of the DT will have some fabulousness to share with you also....don't forget to check back every day for another reveal!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty layouts, Misty! YOu really rocked this kit. I have 1 done and have plans for the weekend. I am lovin this kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! Your work always amazes me Misty. Love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu TOTALLY RoCkEd this kit, girl!! Love every stinkin' one of them! Your work always amazes me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being SIMPLY OBSESSED!