Monday, April 26, 2010

Susan's May Reveal

I can't believe we are almost in May and that school is almost out! As a teacher I eagerly look forward to this time to catch up, enjoy my family, and reflect on my year of teaching. I can't wait for it to arrive! Speaking of arriving, I was so excited to receive my May SO kit featuring the Crate Paper Pink Plum goodness! The colors are just beautiful! So, I HAD to get ALL of the add-ons! I had a great time working with this kit and here is what I came up with:

This first layout features photos from our Easter egg hunt this year. My daughter is the youngest of all the grandchildren and no one wanted to hunt with her. Her Pappaw stepped up to the plate and made it quite the contest. The photo on the left is the countdown where he told her "Ready, Set, Hunt" which I used as the title! He had her laughing and they had the best time and so did I watching them. She is one lucky girl because she has the very best Pappaw! I hand cut some embellies for this one ( sun and clouds). I really love this one and can't imagine ever forgetting this awesome memory. I am so glad I have it captured for her in the future. It is just too wonderful to let pass by!



For this next one I used a photo that fit Misty's photo challenge-Take a picture that doesn't show the face. I took this one from the back of my subject as she was finding an egg hidden in the bare crepe myrtle tree. I love this photo and the bare branches add so much to it. The journaling reflects on the delight I find in enjoying the wonderful person my daughter is.


Lastly I did a vintage type layout of my parents. The photo isn't the best, but I love documenting the memories. They are on their way to my dad's senior football banquet at Springhill High School in Springhill, LA in February 1963! I look at my dad and see my youngest son Ryan. They share so many traits. I need to do a layout about that fact! Anyway, this one has some fussy cutting. I used one of the patterned papers and cut the floral pattern from it so that the brown card stock would show through. I think I pulled off the vintagy feel.

The fourth layout I completed with the kit is for my challenge that will go up in the forum on May 3 and I think it may be my favorite of the bunch! Can't wait to share it with you! Be sure to join us as the entire Dt will have challenges to get you scrapping! Oh yeah, if you haven't already, hurry over and order up this beautiful kit. You don't want to miss it! Have a great Monday! Susan

3 comments:

  1. Wow Susan! These are gorgeous!! I LOVE the first one with the sun---too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful!! I love your Last LO and the fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Susan, I love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being SIMPLY OBSESSED!